Tactical Rifle 101
The Tactical Rifle 101 course which is designed for shooters who have never received formal instruction for semi-automatic rifles. This course will take a beginner shooter and have them fully familiar with their firearms and proficiently engaging targets at realistic self-defense distances. The round count for this segment of the course is approximately 150 rounds.
Topics will include:
- Zeroing your rifle
- Basic Operation of the AR-15
- Understanding "Holdover" and "Mechanical Offset"
- Understanding "MOA"
- Gear Selection and Necesseties
- Basic stances (High Ready/Muzzle Up, Low Ready/Muzzle Down)
- Safely Moving with a Rifle
- Trigger Control
- Engaging the torso/chest out to distances of 100 yards
- Semi-automatic rifle (AR-15, AK-47, AR-10, AR-9, Mini-14, etc.)
- 150+ rounds of ammunition for this segment of the training
- Sling is optional but HIGHLY recommended
- Minimum of 2 magazines, maximum of 8