Rifle / Handgun Integration
Focus on the Fight, Not the Tool!
This course is designed to push the student to increase their skill levels with both their handgun and their rifle. By the time the participant is ready for this course, they can manipulate both weapons at a fairly sub-conscious level. We will work on positional disadvantage, shooting on the move, transitioning between weapons, malfunction correction under stress, and problem-solving under pressure.
This is NOT a beginner course.
This course will combine the content from our Rifle 102 and Handgun Manipulation courses into one, and focus on how you can make your primary and secondary weapons work together. We will work basics of cover and shooting from various positions of cover. Some of the topics that will be covered in this session are as follows:
- Reloading your Primary and Secondary Weapons (Emergency Reloads and Proactive Reloads)
- Identifying and Clearing all major malfunctions associated with semi-automatic handguns and rifles
- Transitioning from Primary to Secondary Weapons
- Transitioning from Secondary to Primary Weapons
- Setting up your gear for success
- Shooting while moving (both primary and secondary weapons)
- Drawing Secondary weapon from Holster
- Firing Primary weapon from slung position (low ready and high ready)
- Understanding Mechanical Offset
In other words, if you own a rifle for home defense or as a vehicle gun, we'll teach you how to employ it as a tool to increase your chances of prevailing in a violent encounter.