On November 7th, 2015, Richard will be conducting an 8 hour training seminar for the medical staff of the hospital in Madison, Georgia. This training will be focused on unarmed personal defense, and will be conducted on site.
Date/Time: Saturday, 11/7/15; 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Description: In this course we will cover a range of topics regarding violence in a medical workplace environment. This course is designed to be a combination of classroom style lecture, open discussion, and hands-on training with each individual participating. The physical intensity of this program will be intermediate, meaning that all in decent, everyday shape are welcome to attend. We are going to look at policies, procedures, and systematic approaches to minimizing the risk of violence as well as maximizing our potential to control the outcome of a violent encounter. Specifically, we will cover the following:
- What makes an attractive target (and how to not be one)
- "Color coded" levels of awareness
- Body Alarm - Understanding the physical and physiological responses of the human body during stress inoculation
- The different mentalities of a victim, a survivor, and someone who controls the outcome of violent encounters
- Natural fulcrum and leverage points of the human body
- Understanding and controlling distance during a violent encounter (when to increase and decrease space)
- Breaking contact - understanding how to break various grips/holds of an initial attack
- Minimizing damage - controlling the amount of damage that is inflicted from multiple positions
- Controlling the level of escalation of violence - UP or DOWN
- Calling for help while controlling your breathing - VITAL skill for survival
- Fighting from the ground - you will end up there, let's understand how to control it
- Controlling the takedown, sweeps/submissions/counters, getting back up, etc.
- Using physics to inflict as much damage as possible with as little kinetic energy as needed
- Controlling fear/panic responses... Making the "fight or flight" feeling work for you.
- Ending the encounter from positions of disadvantage
- Specific instruction for women including topics around the prevention of sexual assault
- Improvised weapons - using your environment to your advantage
Price: $120 ($15/hour for content that may save your life)
Location: Madison, Georgia
Maximum Capacity: 12 students
Disclaimer: Our system is not for the faint of heart. We are of the mentality that violence is only overcome by superior violence. We believe that you are worth fighting for. You are worth defending. You are worth protecting. To that end, we "pull no punches" as we describe the way the human body works and how to manipulate it for your advantage. In short, if you believe that we should share inspirational stories with our attacker as a means of defense- then this system probably isn't for you. On the other hand, if you believe that your body, your safety, and your life are worth doing anything to protect- then we believe that we can show the most effective methods possible to do just that. We look forward to seeing you there.
Registration: Registration is open now, and only requires a 50% (non-refundable) deposit to hold your spot in the class. Because we believe that everyone should have as much 1-on-1 instruction as possible, we will limit this course to a maximum of 12 people. You can register by clicking the link below.